honda hobbit kitted but wont turn over

Makayne Oriellis /

Have a honda hobbit with kit.. I do get a spark and gas is going to carburetor but it will not turn over... I heard a pop sound than it died as I was riding my compression is good but it will not turn over for nothing. I was told I may need an engine head and I did see like a Grey smoke but not turning over. I did tried to put start fluid inside and still no turn over... This was a track bike as I was told so it is customized... help

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Re: honda hobbit kitted but wont turn over

Overpriced Parts /

Turn over means it will spin. You mean it turns over but won't start I think .

"Needs a head" I think you mean needs a new topend (cylinder kit/piston)

Ya you may need to take apart the topend and check for "race" damage to piston, do a compression test, leak down test to check for air leaks, head gasket leaks,

Your "race" ignition Hpi may have just died so check for spark. Wow that bike is rough for the street/cop magnet. You may have to put a lot stock things back/rebuild to stock specs.

Read this

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Fred%27s_Guide

Makayne Oriellis /

I am getting a spark n good compression I cleaned the carb but I did notice medal Inside tank when I empty gas can and its also medal pieces around the engine head

Someone put a lot of money into that bike.

Did you test the compression like on a compression tester? Its not uncommon to see SOME compression on a blown top end but not enough to sustain combustion.

Also could have blown a seal.

If there's was rust in the tank you could have also clogged a jet with that garbage. That will prevent fuel getting to the engine even if it makes it to the carb. You really do need to at least remove the head and check for damage to the cylinder and piston. You also need to know what the bike was timed and jetted at. Either of those could cause destruction quickly. Race bike sounds pike a joke. There is a lot of money there but at first glance it looks like it was bolted together without solid understanding of tuning or the way everything works. I could be wrong there but it seems likely.

Makayne Oriellis /

I did the finger compression but thats it im gonna get a compression tester n see

Makayne Oriellis /

No u. Could be right im new to this so I dont really know much bout these

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account