Re: Reattaching a kickstand spring

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Thanks y'all. I tried the penny idea but couldn't get it to bent more than 90 degrees even with two full grown men trying to push the ends together, I thought I had the stock spring but I don't know, it seems unusually tight, I can't imagine how anyone even got it on there in the first place.

I also tried combining the penny idea with the zip tie idea but even then it wouldn't go past 90 degrees.

I tried decoiling it slightly with pliers just so I would be able to fit pennies in it but it was taking forever and I got a quarter of the way through when I noticed the orientation of the spring clip had turned to the point in which it would no longer latch onto the vehicle in the right direction (I know it was stupid, I should have realized that was going to happen beforehand.)

So I kind of gave up and just went to the local hardware store and they happened to have a spring that was just as thick as the one I had and almost as long but would actually stretch far enough to latch on if you use a screwdriver.

The kickstand doesn't go up as quickly as it used to but it stays up with no problem so I think this spring will be fine.

Thanks again.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account