Re: Reattaching a kickstand spring

Maciek Dub /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

When I don't have my spring hook handy I use a loop made out of a thick zip-tie or two, or some thick wire; hook one end of the spring on the case cover, the other in to the loop, step in to the loop with the tip of your shoe and pull the end of the spring down over the nub on the kickstand. And yeah, wear thick-topped leather shoes/boots, safety glasses, and just keep yourself out of it's possible path if it were to slip. One of the reasons I prefer pulling down towards my foot (which already had a hole put in the top of it by vespa clutch shrapnel, leather would have helped vs canvas sneaks) than up towards my face...

Thing that bugs me is spring orientation, If you put it the way they show in the manual the coils rub on the kick stand and it does not want to pop up as easy. No way to put it really without it rubbing on something. (edited)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account