Peugeot 103sp spark plug not firing! any advice!

I recently bought a non working 103 sp from a local French guy. After looking at it and checking voltage ect come to the conclusion that the spark plug isnt firing or that there isnt enough power to fire it.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do or what the problem could be??

Thanks

Re: Peugeot 103sp spark plug not firing! any advice!

one big problem is the ground strap between engine and frame. those HT coilds arent notoriously reliable. also cleaning points is the most common fix, espec for weak spark. condenser is another pretty common one.

check out wiring diagrams in wiki here or on projectmopemanual.org

Basically wanna check power each step along the way. it could be anything but if you start at the power outta the stator, if none there you know its stator. check power into coil (disconnect kill switches and check) and then check power outta the coil, could be the plug wire or the boot or the plug itself

I have checked the electrics. I bought it with new sparks, hv coil and it looks like someone has re wired the magneto. Have come to the conclusion that it must be the magneto no providing enough power. Whats the best tool to get the flywheel off,, crank or gear extractor?

You need a puller for the flywheel. Read this:

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Stock_two_coil_Peugeot_ignition_trouble

Unplug the red, black and the brown wires coming from the mag. Next ground the black wire.

Now rig up a drill with a socket so you can spin the fuck out of the motor as you sit on the floor next to the bike checking for spark at the plug.

When you do all this and still have no spark then get the puller Steve showed

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account