Airsal .44mm kit

I have a Airsal kit i have installed on my 1980 Puch Maxi MK11 and the piston seems to hit whenever it idles. I can't seem to determine if it hits the head, or the back of the piston. If anyone has had the same issue please let me know

Re: Airsal .44mm kit

Pull plug out, put a pen or pencil carefully in the plug hole. Turn slowly by hand ( I pulled covers to mag rotor) while holding pen against top of piston. Is it hitting when it's at TDC or when at the case? If at TDC you may have to shim head with more head gaskets. If it hits the case You will have to find where it hits there and open up the case (grind out) . Your kit instructions may cover many models go back find your model and read it . Read wiki about kits some are poorly made most don't just bolt on. Some just rattle. Make sure its not hitting though, it wont last long. I know a lot here , I hope it helps.

Pull plug out, put a pen or pencil carefully in the plug hole. Turn slowly by hand ( I pulled covers to mag rotor) while holding pen against top of piston. Is it hitting when it's at TDC or when at the case? If at TDC you may have to shim head with more head gaskets. If it hits the case You will have to find where it hits there and open up the case (grind out) . Your kit instructions may cover many models go back find your model and read it . Read wiki about kits some are poorly made most don't just bolt on. Some just rattle. Make sure its not hitting though, it wont last long. I know a lot here , I hope it helps.

Ignore next post just a copy of 1ST one. read this http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Rebuild_a_Puch_E50_Engine

Most of Airsal kits need the extra thick base gasket that Treats sells or the Metrakit alum. base spacer/gasket sandwich to get correct deck height and/or cylinder spacing issues...

your .44mm kit is too small

Overpriced Parts /

Ryan N. Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> your .44mm kit is too small

ya that's less then 1/2 of a mm

if your piston is 44mm and your kit is .44, that's probably why your piston is hitting.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account