My E50 needs a dentist

Harsky & Sutch SPICY /

Disassembly found that the counter shaft gear had a small chip on one of the teeth.

Should I dress it up and run it? Or would that lead to the path of certain destruction? Thanks!

Re: My E50 needs a dentist

Overpriced Parts /

Run it

Its ok make sure no burrs on that tooth. Most likely left factory that way. All the load is in the center of the gear anyway if its in right.

Brent Bublitz /

Run it if you are stock, but make sure it's seated and meshing perfectly with the other gears. If you are adding a kit, get a new one.

lucky it's not a tomos, run it.

debur it with a file, look for ajacent tooth damage progression, and damage to the clutch bell gear.

bet by looking at the broken area, it's color matches the rest of the gear = old damage.

no sign of the missing piece in the sump, golden.

Harsky & Sutch SPICY /

a closer look found some bite marks...

Both sides of the case and a broken rib I guess the bearings died from thirst..

even the seats are scored. Would a rebuild stand a chance? Idk I was going to throw a 45mm airsal on it when pistons came back in stock or a 50 Kstar i had laying around.

Stock is OK but xtra stress from a kit would kill it . Case is already stressed out. Why did you do tear down, noisy or just not right? What's the bearings look like?

Harsky & Sutch SPICY /

The motor came out of a non running Freespirit that was missing lots of parts. The bearings looked ok and rolled somewhat smooth.. labled germany or austria I cant remember maybe oe replacements? The last person in there had smeared a bunch of axle grease on the bearings. So the attempted rebuild never took flight as I think the grease would have melted with little run time. Oh and the crank woodruff key slot was destroyed.

Missing a lot of parts is a good clue. You may have some good parts but it looks like the motor came to a bad end from those pics .

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account