Yamaha RX50 Rear Tire

I have been looking everywhere for a rear tire for a Yamaha RX50. Everyone is telling me they don't make tires to fit this anymore. They are 3.5 x 16 and one helluva a bitch to find. Heidenau makes one called the K33 but everywhere is sold out. I thought I found a place that still had them in stock but after placing my order they contacted me to say they are on back order.

Anyone know of other tires that will work?

Re: Yamaha RX50 Rear Tire

Try looking using the modern sizing like 100/90-16. This also might be worth looking into.

http://scramblercycle.mybigcommerce.com/duro-universal-tire-3-50x16-k70-replica/

Thanks! I just found the same tire on http://www.motorcyclemaniacstore.com/ and pulled the trigger right before I saw your message. I did try to use the modern sizing but everything I found was sold out, for front only. or tubeless. I thought I knew about tires but in the last 5 days I realized I don't know shit. Had to get new tires for 3 bikes(mb5. RX50, targa)! Shit gets expensive but better than riding on old cracked rubber. I wasn't sure about going tubeless and how that would work so I didn't explore that much.

If anyone else is interested here are a list of the tires I found that will fit and are not listed under SCOOTER TIRES. All of these had 3.5 x 16 Rear tires:

SHINKO SR216

DURO HF319 CLASSIC VINTAGE (K70) MOTORCYCLE TIRES

Kenda K489 Motorcycle Tires

HEIDENAU K33

The heidenua looks the coolest to me but also cost $70 and is out of stock everywhere until mid to late august.

So as soon as I ordered the Duro I got an email from Mike at Motorcycle Maniacs letting me know that tire is back ordered. I asked about the Shinko and Kenda and he had the Shinko in stock. It was priced at a little more and he just gave it to me at the Duro price. Around 3pm yesterday we made the agreement and its now 10:00am and my tire just arrived at my front door. WHAT THE FUCK?! how the hell did they get a tire to me in less than 15 hours? I chose the cheapest shipping at $7.

Just thought I would spread the word that motorcycle maniacs was an excellent experience. Hard to find tires, friendly staff, UNREAL shipping speed. I thought I would be getting this sometime next week!

PS the tire looks great and I will post a pic of it on the RX50 this weekend.

I don't think tubeless will work and good point about old tires on 30+ year old mopeds. Just bought 2 Sava MC2's from treats +2 tubes was $75. Shipping is where they get you most places will ship free over $150 so I threw in a Polini kit and saved $45 in that. Treats lists the Heidenau in 16 x 3.5 but was out

I also just bought some Sava's for the MB5 (Sava b3) along with tubes and a mitas H-02 moped tire - 19 x 2.50 for the front wheel of the RX50. 19x2.5 front and a 3.5x16 back.... weird ass combo when I am used to moped tires. Had to stuff a few other fun things in to get the free shipping. Not sure whats up with the shipping calculation on treatland but the price before free shipping was $181 (cheapest).... whoa wtf? All i got was gaskets, a fairing, tubes, tires x 3, and some small bits. So glad there was freeshipping on that one.

I wanted to get the Heidenau from treats when I realized they carried it. But I am impatient. It looks like no one has the Heidenau right now but it should be in stock everywhere by the end of August or sooner. I was unfamiliar with Heidenau until recently but they make some nice looking tires in hard to find sizes with a vintage look.

Has anyone used Heidenau tires? I am curious about the quality for future purchases.

Never heard of Heidenau I like the Sava's for the price and they handle better than the Carlisle's I had.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account