yamaha champ lc50 rebuild kit

new to the yamaha champ got it running but bogs down wondering if someone knows of a place to buy carb rebuilt kits like the diaphram etc ... thanks much

Re: yamaha champ lc50 rebuild kit

probably doesnt have a pumper carb like you're thinking of.

find the model of your carb and check treatland.tv

might be a hard one to find. (edited)

LC50 carb.gif

Those parts are discontinued. Ebay or convert it to a pw50 carb. I think that is all for the choke. The pw50 carb would just have a manual choke instead of the auto choke.

(edited)

PW50 carb.gif

QT50 or MJ50 carb will work too only difference is the cable inlets.

QT50-MJ50 CARB

(edited)

mj50 carb.gif

Hey good morning Arlie actually you telling me to buy that charge coil got my bike running thanks so much ..!!! not its just a tuning issue kinda bogs down you know ...so figured that carb could use some rebuilding your advice of a new carb seems realistic do you think the pw50 would be an easy install ? thanks again brother

It should fit the intake and air filter boot the same. One lager hose spot for the gas, one smaller hose spot for the oil injector. My concern is the length of the cable from the carb to the splitter #19 You may have to get a (1980-2001) pw50 cable.

(edited)

lc50 cable.gif

OK so I been thinking If it were me I would get a pw50 carb and choke cable. I would carefully remove the curved tube that is attached to #12-#13-#14 (1st pic) on the top of the LC50 carb. Then do the same for the New pw50 carb (2nd pic #9-#10-#11) and put the tube from the LC50 on the top of the pw50 carb. Note what notch the e-clip is in when you take off the cable it will need to be the same when you put on the new carb ! (#26 1st pic) Also swap #4 the LC50 is a 75 jet and the pw50 is a 70. You want the 75 jet in the new carb. If both jet are the same no need to swap. Cap the vac hoses that went to the choke on the LC50 carb. Attach the gas line and the oil injector line. Before you run make sure that the oil hose is full of oil all the way to the carb. DO NOT run on unmixed gas with an empty line!! fill the tube or run pemixed untill the oil reaches the carb. Once the oil line is full you can run unmixed gas again. Looks like a lot in writing but not that hard when you get in to it.

My MJ50 has a 14mm Dellorto PHVA, mounted on the stock intake; though a machine shop modified my intake.

My LC50 has a Dellorto SHA on it. I imagine the carb mounting spacer had to be changed, but they are cheap.

the stock carbs are fine on stock setups, but it's difficult to find jets for them.

Stock Mikuni jets are getting easier to find without going to the dealers.

https://www.treatland.tv/SearchResults.asp?Search=mikuni+main+jets

sooo treatland has 3 jets that will work in the stock carb...ya need the vintage 70s style jets.

but my 14mm carbs arent big enough, both my yammys lean out quite a bit on the topend. i can work around it with the PHVA...but not the SHA. (edited)

#65 through #110 for the stock carbs at Treats.? and you can pick them up at and dealer in town. QT50, MJ50, YT60, YF60 all have the same carb and use the same jets as the PW50 witch is still in production. Also a stock PW50 carb will work on a stock 49cc up to a 60cc kit no problem if jetted properly. He already has the stock LC50 carb and that jet should fit in a PW50(QT50) carb no prob, If the bike is all stock there is no need to buy a jet just swap them.

My current setup QT50 K&N air filter, stock carb, #80 main jet, Boyesen reeds, MLM pipe, hole shot clutch springs. might be a little rich now but no problems tuning in no matter what my set up is. I would use the mukuni because it will need less work to get it tuned to that engine. Throttle adjustment tube swap, jet swap, remove the autocock replace with inline shut off, bolt on and ride. I have even had good results with the $18 ebay clones. I guess its just a matter of what the guy building the bike likes to tune.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account