1977 Benelli Blazar engine flooded?

Gabby Zawacki /

So I just bought a 1977 Benelli Blazar and it rode great when I was test driving it. It started no problem and started multiple times using kick start and pedal start with no issues. I transported it home and haven't been able to get it started and then when I checked on it for the night it seemed to be leaking gas. I'm completely new to this and don't know much about mopeds but I think the engine might be flooded. I didn't really take a close look as it was late at night when I checked on it but that is my best guess and from looking online it seems to be a common issue after transport. Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: 1977 Benelli Blazar engine flooded?

check your henway. Then read wiki.

plug out, stuck back in the wire and touching the head, petcock off, throttle wide open, pedal start the motor for a good while.

have a new plug ready if the old one is questionable.

every little bump while transporting can allow more fuel into the motor if the petcock is questionable or left on.

much worse if you didn't transport it vertical.

Gabby Zawacki /

I did what you said and it started right up! I will be picking up a new sparkplug as well. Luckily I did tranpost it upright so it wasn't a huge problem. I need to give it a good once over but Im glad to have it running! Thanks for the help!

the punchline is: letting it sit overnight usually does the same thing.

i just wanted you peddling like a maniac for a no-start, rite of passage thing.

enjoy

Gabby Zawacki /

haha I definitely pedaled like a maniac!

Thanks =)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account