ZA50 engine w/ Polini 64cc with 650+ miles on the kit.
It was a smooth ride until just recently. Now it vibrates at higher speeds and when decelerating. I feel it in my feet on my pedals and in my hands. I used to be able to see out of my mirror, now it vibrates too much. I think it gets a bit worse as the bike warms up.
I recently changed my transmission fluid and the bike was running amazing for a few days, but now it started the high intensity fast and steady vibrating (and I think it sounds a bit louder too?). This is my 2nd Puch and it definitely doesn't feel normal.
The reason I mention the transmission fluid is because there's some strange instructions on this page that I may have misread:
It says to overfill your trans fluid your fluid by 50%. I used about 11oz of Valvoline MERCON V (DEXRON III) ATF. But no matter how good my seal was, it would leak out the side level plug. So I looked at that link again and at the end of the paragraph, it says "DO NOT FILL the trans with too much fluid, it will cause too much crankcase pressure and could cause your seals to leak." Is it just me, or are those instructions contradictory? How much should I really be putting in?
I unscrewed the level plug, made sure the bike was level, and let some drain out the level hole until it stopped, so I assume it's now at 9.5oz as described on this page:
The level plug doesn't leak anymore, but if anything, the vibrating might be a little worse.
1. Tightened the engine mount bolts. No change.
2. Tightened my drive chain. No change. I loosened it back to where it was.
3. Messed with my idle speed and choke. No change.
4. My air filter is kinda crappy and seems to be getting some gas on it. I ordered a better one from treats and it should be here in a couple days.
5. My bing carb is brand new but I've had it open a few times to adjust it and I'm worried I need new gaskets? It's a little leaky. Or perhaps I adjusted it wrong.
Could the bad air filter or leaky/improperly adjusted carb be the source of my vibrations? Or did I do something wrong with the transmission?