Throttle on turn

Julie the Wizard /

When I turn my handlebars to the right, the engine revs up.

I actually made the throttle cable I'm using, and used the old one to measure/cut the new one. Did I make the jacket too short? Seems it has enough room to slide up and down, which I suppose is bad. Temporary fix, electrical-tape the throttle jacket to the throttle controller to make it stick and not move around?

Could it be anything else?

Honda hobbs as usual. Rode the bike today. Went vrooooom. Working on finishing my earlier plans for new electrical system, having new PCB printed out for rectifier circuit. I'll never be finished working on this bike.

Re: Throttle on turn

I had same thing on all stock setup. I saw it pull when the handlebars turned I used a plastic wire tie on the lower part of handlebars to hold it in place, it worked. You will finish then if you do you have to start on another one.

Julie the Wizard /

Thanks, Steve. I'll give that a try.

As the shroud bends it will pull the cable even though it is not actually being pulled taut.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

You need a bendy at the throttle. Hobbit throttle cables come straight down out of the throttle, with a bendy at the throttle, the cable will follow the bars, and not get tight when turned. Stupid unsafe Hobbit makes it easy to snag your cable on something.

Julie the Wizard /

Harvey, I still have the bendy on my throttle. So it's not that.

when you adjust your slack on yoru cable for your carb. you got to let the slide all the way down. give it abut an 1/8 inch of slack. you let the slide down with the idle set rpm screw. unscrew it. look down the slide. if you got no slack, when you pull a little, the little bit of bend, will pull up on your throttle slide and give it gas.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account