Sachs 505 almost perfect

Matthew Andrade /

She runs kind of took the head off again made a good gasket and no more leaks she starts idles and then I take it off the stand and she starts to sputter but doesn't quit I give it throttle and it's kind of choppy through low to quarter throttle and then she kicks it in gear and scoots but at stop signs it starts to die I bring it back in back home and idles better on the stand not sure what to check or change I have an amal 15 mm with stock 45 jet do I need to change it also I know what the idle screw is on it but there's one other screw not sure what it is if someone can help with that also should I change timing it'17* retarted and doesn't get any more than 310*f carbs clean and I got a fuel filter and full tank

Re: Sachs 505 almost perfect

Make sure you don't have too much airflow.I don't know AMALS....I like Dellortos for their simplicity. don-ohio (:^)

USE PERIODS AND COMMAS PLZZZ!

Not many folks use Amals on Sachs or at least non-kitted ones. Most often dellortos and bings. You cant expect the jet that comes in the carb to be the correct jet.

Matthew Andrade /

What would you recommend for a jet size on stock sachs with a dellorto carb? Also is the dellorto 15.15 best fit on stock sachs 505/1?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

you have to make custom shims on the stock intake base to fit a delorto in there. orig. it came with a square bing carb 12mm i think, so a delorto 14,12 is the best fit with that shim i mentioned, about a 52 jet, the stock bing took a 54 and was restricted heavily by a large airbox and filter so the back scavenging engine performed better.

♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> you have to make custom shims on the stock intake

> base to fit a delorto in there. orig. it came with

> a square bing carb 12mm i think, so a delorto

> 14,12 is the best fit with that shim i mentioned,

> about a 52 jet, the stock bing took a 54 and was

> restricted heavily by a large airbox and filter so

> the back scavenging engine performed better.

Except the D's. They came with a 12mm square Bing with no atomizer and a 58 jet.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

actually, you meant jet needle, the a's and d's both used the shallow fuel bowl square bing, unless its a d then you can flip the intake 180 degrees and make it fwd facing,

most came with the larger atomizer except the 20 mph models

Sachs_50-2_liste_700.jpg
info-sachs-engine-1.jpg

Matthew Andrade /

I looked over the sheet and do in fact have the 505/1a 40km. It shows I had a #52 jet so do you feel that should be the jet I use on a new dellorto 14.12 or go bigger? Keeping in mind I haven't changed anything it will be a bone stock bike.

No clue about an A, but my D ran with a 63-64 when I had a 14:12 on it.

amal 45 oughta be good. maybe 50 but probably jetted fine at 45.

my first thought was compression. plug decomp

Matthew Andrade /

I have the 45 in there on my amal and it seems to idle wild really high but mid to top end is awesome but still low end is slightly boggy. What should I adjust first on amal carb idle or mix screw?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

did you override the taillight safety circuit?

wrong bulbs/burnt resistor in headlight compartment, brake wiring fault could cause the symptoms.

BasicPlugReading.gif

Matthew Andrade /

I am not sure about the tail light wiring override. The headlight works and taillight works as well when the break is applied. the lights get brighter the higher the rpms get but other than that I don't know much about the wiring it all looks correct. What should I check to make sure everything is working correctly?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

do your brake lights both work (frnt/rear)? horn work?

if any of the bulbs were replaced with the wrong bulb it will not idle right. it needs the resistance factor that runs throught the brakelight coil return, some had the ground circuit running through the same wire as the horn ground. it really depended on what wiring harness was on hand at the time, sachs made so many engines for other manufacturers it is hard at times to difinitively give a yes or no answer, it is often more of a multiple choice with an essay question.

if you re-routed the grn/blk wire to ground. you need to bypass both sensors and run everything off the yellow wire to bypass the safety circuit.

the sparta dia. has alot of info that directly applies to a 505 even tho its a 504.

Sachs-505_magneto_wiring.jpg
Sparta-foxi-wiring-diagram.jpg
img3018j.jpg

Matthew Andrade /

The horn sounds like hell it makes like a really faint rattling noise and sometimes won't even do that head light works and taillight works but deffinetly tai lights work better when rpms are up. Do you think the horn could be the issue? If so do I need a new one or can I wire it someone to get by it

♣Slew Foot♣ /

ground the neg side of the horn circuit. if that doesn't do anything cross the leeds.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account