Unknown pinto problem.

Adam Brown /

I have been having zero problems since I installed this kit two months ago. Thought I would bump up my timing (Stock Electrics). Went from 17 degrees to 18. It wouldn't start. Set it back right where it was. It wouldn't start. I now have no spark. If I kick it and toggle the kill switch I'll get just one spark here and there.

The bike was fine yesterday. Does anyone have any suggestions before I start going through the wires and stuff?

:((((((((((((

Re: Unknown pinto problem.

When you decided to (bump) up the timing describe how you did it...

Overpriced Parts /

Why would want your kit to run hotter ?

You should be going around 14-15degrees btdc most times with a aluminum kit not more unless you are running cool head temperatures (less then 330f) on your head temp gauge.

Whoever told you raise the timing higher than Stock puch timing (14-17 degrees) degrees is silly because you get way hotter head temps for little gain.

image.jpg

Adam Brown /

Ya Im under 330 right now. I just thought I'd see what a little bit more advance would be like.

And I didn't really do much except loosen the screws on the stator and turn it a tiny bit. I didn't set a new point gap I was basically intending on just putting it back to where it was. Which was as far retarded as my stator would let me go.

Overpriced Parts /

Check point gap/see if they open see if there's debris between them

Might as well set the point now to 16-18 thou while your in there

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account