Re: *SOLVED* Tomos Starting & Full Throttle Issue.

Simon Belmont /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi guys, thank you very much for all your replies, just wanted to write a quick update, with 51 main jet for some reason a35 started having hick-ups like it would run for a few seconds and then stop, so I've switched to 54 main jet and it started and ran much better, but at full throttle it would bog down, so I've cleaned the exhaust baffle and at top speed it would bug down less but it still wouldn't rev fast enough at wide open throttle, so then I've done some more research on forums and one person with similar problem covered part of their air filter with some tape, so what I did is covered the bottom part of the mesh air filter with gorilla tape (about 30% coverage) and what do you know? it actually worked! when given full throttle the engine revved at full speed, I've rode the moped a bit to confirm and it worked.

P.S. I'm only using mesh filter without the plastic cover because there's not enough room in there under the frame to place plastic cover on top of mesh air filter, also moped is using stock pipe.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account