No spark on honda hobbit pa50II

Hey all,

I just finished putting my bike together, with a shocko kstar 60 cc kit and proma exhaust. It was running fine before but the crank was bent so I had to replace the crank, only reason I took it apart. I rewired the same way it was before and now it will not start, I dont even get a spark when i use the test on freds guide. Bought a brand new spark plug just in case. Any ideas as to what i should check or try next? I was thinking the ignution coil or condenser? Seems weird that it was working fine before and now its not though.

Re: No spark on honda hobbit pa50II

Check, gap and file your points. Check your wiring again, it's a pretty simple path. Make sure the kill switch isn't grounding nor the key.

Do all of the wires connect to the matching colors? Id just as soon hardwire it but I dont know how involved that is

leave the stock wiring if you can. check for spark by hooking the black/white wire from the coil directly to the blk/ylw wire from the stator. that should give you spark. start going through the rest of the plugs and wires to check for breaks in the wire or bad connections

Tried connecting just the stator and coil, still no spark.

having basically the same problem with no spark and hard wired it from stator to Coil. just replaced my condenser after a light bulb test showed it was bad. I was riding along and it just died and wouldnt start after that... it semi died like this a few times before it went out. Now when I try to start it I get no spark. and it will make this loud almost pop to a hiss sound. I just sanded my points and no luck... guess ill check my spark plug gap and see about adjusting the points.

Are you sure the crank is exactly the same? Some cranks have differences in keyways. This can throw the timing WAY off.Just a thought. don-ohio (:^)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account