Bearings

Hey, a friend of mine bought a moped from a dude who chopped it up pretty bad. Rode it a couple days ago and this happened. Turns out it didn't have bearing cups. RED= Holes from the bearings getting pushed through; BLACK= bearing flakes (coming to a grocery store near you). I'm having trouble deciding weather to get the bearing cups or do a sealed conversion. Did some research and I'm leaning towards the bearing cups because he's a college student and doesn't want to spend the money on yamabond and $8 extra dollars on sealed bearings. Should I make him spend that money or get the 32.2 mm bearing cups?

IMG_20140712_165319.jpg
IMG_20140712_165352.jpg
IMG_20140712_165500.jpg

Re: Bearings

If he is the type to go tightass over eight bucks, and is too lazy to fix his own shit, then he doesn't deserve to have the bike.

I think you need to get it from him and fix it for yourself.

lol thanks for that. He's learning. I only have a few months ahead of him in experience. So my post was kind of for both of us. I'll take that as a "Get the bearing cups"

Get the sealed bearings. Always spend the extra bucks to trade up. It's worth it in the long run.

Listen to AXL............do the sealed conversion.Talk him into it for his own safety. don-ohio (:^)

Thanks. Got the cups about an hour ago before I checked this. If the sealed ones are worth it in the long run, I get paid next week. Ill get a couple of pairs.

Yeah,I wish all my Sebrings were converted. I bought a coupla' sealed bearings at NAPA years ago to do it,and then got sidetracked and forgot to do the mod. don-ohio (:^)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account