Towny Transmission disassemble vid or pics????

So I just got a box of Lc50 transmission parts and was thinking of putting them in my QT50. I have looked over some part diagrams and I think it's only missing a spacer and clips. I will have to get the crank shaft and clutch cover also. Does anyone have video or pics of the 2 speed transmission disassemble or rebuild of a MJ50 Towny or LC50 Champ??? I would like to see the parts for real rather than a drawing so I can get a better understanding of how they work and what I'm missing. I guess I could just buy a Mj50 or LC50 motor but what fun is that. Thanks (edited)

Re: Towny Transmission disassemble vid or pics????

rick partsunknown /

This is probably not very helpful to you, but what you want might be in

LIT11616MJ01

which is the Yamaha service manual for the towny. The problem is that it costs $60 or more online. [Note, this is NOT the towny service manual that is widely available as a 3.9 MB pdf file, but a different one, with 7 chapters. Chapter 3 is on Engine Overhaul.]

I have not yet talked myself into buying a copy.

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/MJ50_transmission_diagram

Was hoping that the person that posted this to wiki still had a video. (edited)

TownyTrannyNotToScale.JPG

bump. NO towny or lc50 gurus?

rick partsunknown /

Good news and bad news. The good news is that my new Towny service manual arrived today. The bad news is that it is a Franken-document whose content is essentially that of the widely available online MJ50 supplement and QT50 service manuals. However, I got clearer scans of the pages that show anything related to the transmission. I am not sure any of this is helpful but it is all I have.

Good luck,

Rick

Bummer. That suck you didn't get better info after putting out some $$$$ Thanks for the effort but I saw those. Thanks for the help I'll be posting my build later in the fall. Rick, again thanks for the effort.

I drew that picture!... the wiki could have told u that. uhhh i think i uploaded tham to vimeo... lemme look...

they really aren't helpful, i had to watch each one like 4 times to draw that diagram.

im going to replace the seals on my champ tomorrow and will make another video (edited)

Sorry didn't see anywhere it showed who posted it. But any video of your work would be greatly appreciated.

Wiki pages have a "history" tab. Its show info about who has made changes to that page.

Ahh, History tab thanks.

tooks pics, will label and post them in the wiki tonight.

Sweet!

Thanks

Pics are great! Thanks

what about # 30 ???

(edited)

lc50 trans.gif

30,29, and 28 are in in this pic.

I see #30 is the spring for #29. thanks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account