Morinimoseses

So since no one cares I came here from the motorized bicycle world. That was until law changed here, putting them into even more of a grey area.

At the time I had blown through a china kit on a $100 bike, 5000km and the needle bearing exploded.

With the general lack of quality on the china engines I thought I would go the morini route some others had done, but a little toned down. I didn't need a wheelie machine to get to work. So I picked up a S6E, was $500 ish, + shipping and more ups fees down the road.

Got everything built on a decent Giant frame with a dremel, drill and a hammer and a wrench. rode for a good year or so until I found out about the law changes.

A few people got hit and hurt bad on china bikes in the city, so I figured it would be best to legal up.

So I put the Morini away, missed it and got into mopeds.

It was a really nice engine and it deserves to be used, and I dont want it sit on a shelf for the rest of it's life. So it's going on a Tomos. I trashed another main gear on one of my tomos engines and this seems like a fun way of solving the problem while I find a cheap replacement.

The pipe is a cali flat port puch pipe made for tomos.

Put on a couple tabs for the top mount that I'll probably box in

I've got a little work to make some brackets for the rear mounts and likely some gearing to do, but it's going easier than expected.

Probably more at some point as I continue on.

Re: Morinimoseses

Overpriced Parts /

Don't think you'll pull that tiny rear gear

trying to be constructive, what is the chain to swingarm pivot clearance when the shocks compress?

Haha, sorry didn't add anything about the gearing

I had it setup with a 10/54 on 26's , somewhere in the 30-35mph area I'd guess from memory.

The 22 is a long shot , I have other sprockets :)

These things pull hard though, I'll probably try a Tomos 28 and see how it pulls. The 22 was just what I had on the tire while I was mucking about.

The cooling might be a bit compromised with the angle of the engine. The head blocks air flow to the cylinder somewhat. I also wonder about the oil in the engine at that angle.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account