puch maxi...headlight and taillight, illuminate slightly upon braking.....

Hello.....im sure its as simple as an interupted ground....but when i was riding at night noticed the headlamp and taillight would get slightly brighter when i hit either one of my brake levers(brake light does work as well).....switches are new....all lights work except speedo bulb(blown)....only noticed it jus recently not really a big problem just never seen this before......any idears?........fyi replaced bars wires are on the correct spots for switches....

Re: puch maxi...headlight and taillight, illuminate slightly upon braking.....

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

<any idears?> No, but I have an idea.

Haha.....sounded good at the time.....whats your idea larry.....rob k thought a bad ground at taillight......

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

The reason I thought it was funny is because my wife is from NY and she says "idears". I cringe every time she says it.

I'm with RobK. Make sure the ground at the taillight is secured to a rust/paint free solid piece of metal.

Cool....that sounds very likley.....i just never had this happen and thought it was interesting....trying to get mutiple answers from all you moped veterans........thanx fer tha input bro......

my ideer?

brake and tail use a shared ground, so it's not adding any extra grounding.

i'd place a guess the stator is actually putting out more voltage when the 2 coils are both flowing through a load.

stacked stator coils may be inducting cross current and exciting each other better?

take a volt meter to the headlight switched wire, watch the available voltage rise when you activate the brakes.

i'm not sure if you can do a voltage drop on an AC circuit?? (anyone know??)

but going to the "ground" or frame side of the headlight wiring shouldn't show any available current between there and the motor metal.

do that check with head on, and activating the brakes, should show no change.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account