Tomos streetmate r bellowing out smoke

It wasn't running for a while. I put a little 2 stroke oil in the sparkplug hole and started up easy... but now it bellows out alot of smoke. Could it be because of loose gaskets, air leak, just shit on the exhaust? Any suggestions on how to stop it... it looks like it is going to catch on fire.. and if I leave it idling after like 5 mins it will shut off.

Screenshots_2014-06-27-15-08-49.png

Re: Tomos streetmate r bellowing out smoke

Overpriced Parts /

Too big of jet or no jet in carb

Jet is stock and in tight... the smoke is residing as I use the moped. However as the smoke goes away the moped gets harder and harder to start / keep running? Any tips?

Maybe a bad crank seal on the tranny side.......check your trans fluid to see if its low

looks like it comes out from under the engine itself. not quite at the exhaust port

♣Slew Foot♣ /

either a case gasket leak or statorside seal.

try substituting 1oz of marvel mystery oil to the 2t mix, run it like you stole it, it might swell the seal. it sounds like an internal seal leak if it really smokes, it is usually indicative of a caseside support bearing goin south. the bearing gets out of round or semiseized and rocks the crank so it loosens the internal bearing seal,inspect and replace case side bearings if needed and run the marvel. if you are replacing one caseside bearing do them both or the other will fail in short order.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account