1978 puch maxi mk2 re jeting

Just picked up a nice maxi mk 2 has around 3500 miles on it.

Has a techno boss and high flow intake but stock carb.carb has a 62 for a jet and seems to be running way to rich. I have to tighten the idle screw all the way in just to have it run . I know I should down jet or should I just get a hole new carb go from there. Seems like it should have no problem running as is but it is. oh it's the 2hp engin.toughts helpfull input

Re: 1978 puch maxi mk2 re jeting

62 is a little rich but the mods you describe. Needle valve, float ? Do you have more jets?

Needle valve yes I can jets at 2.75 each

How can you determine jetting without knowing what size carburetor it is ?

Before you start just buying un-necessary parts confirm what size carburetor you have and jet accordingly...you will end up jetting over an underlying problem...bad-news... find carb size, atomizer size, Find all air leaks and set timing first before jetting...

Already done. jets are 2.75 so not to worried about having extras kiking around

If you know, what size carb / atomizer / slide ??

Overpriced Parts /

If it runs good with the 62 jet put holes in the slide up high in the bore just for more air correcting the mix only at idle so when the throttle is opened they get blocked.

Start small 3/32 in then make bigger if needed(because return spring may block some) until bike idles good search other posts of mine for more info

image.jpg
image.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account