Brake levers...

Does anyone out there run brake levers that do not have holes for a brake light switch? And if so, how do you get your brake light to operate (if you do use a brake light).

Thanks in advance for any help...

MoPeD...

Re: Brake levers...

There is a rear brake activation deal that can be made to work. The original builder of my magnum planned on using it because he likes the bulk of the simple Lusito levers. I have it somewhere and if you are all hot to use it I would sell it to you if I can figure out what it costs new. It's unused. I replaced the Lusito levers wiith others. I also have the levers. So pm or email me if ya want me to look for them. Personally I recommend levels with brake light switches. They are very reliable on a moped reliability score which means usually works.

the cable mounted switch is super simple, reliable, and out of the way for tidy bar wiring.

it has to be threaded onto the cable, so either use new cables with good ends with no knarps, or buy a cable with it installed.

backpedal brake switch is the other route, possible you could mount it to the swingarm directly to the brake actuator arm , but more macguvyring.

the solex style is what i'm really thinking of there.

Ahh finally an explanation for the screwy front hobbit cable treats carries!!!

I appreciate the responses.

Thank you.

And PM sent

MoPeD...

If there's enough material, you could tap a hole. Regular moped brake switches are M6 x really fine, Streetmate/Revival disc switches are M8x1.25.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account