Morini M02 starter thrust bearing

My Cosmo colt starter clutch wouldn't grab no matter how tight I got the cable, in fact I tightened it so much I snapped the wire loop that connects the cable to the bearing. Took the bearing out and discovered that one ball was out and quite a few of the others are flattened and seized. The plate that the Bearing pushes on was pretty badly grooved so I flipped that over, but now I am faced with two issues- 1. can't seem to make a loop out of thin enough wire to fit in the adjuster without breaking and 2. What do I do about the bearing? I have contacted the parts places I know of and everyone is like, "Sorry dude, haven't seen one of those since Nixon was president!" Anyone have any ideas?

image.jpg

Re: Morini M02 starter thrust bearing

I have a parts motor . will see if the bearing is good

chris bergeron /

Been looking for this part also. Who can tell us where to find one

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Many years ago, I bought one from the Mopedjunkyard. It's worth a shot.

Would appreciate it. Just getting the wire would be fantastic!

I contacted them, no dice.

chris bergeron /

^bump

Try Myron's Mopeds new and used moped parts.

Like I told another fellow,check the bushing that the washer and starter clutch plate slide on.If there's a groove in the bushing,cut by the large washer,the washer won't push the starter clutch into the tapered plate to engage.

The thing with the bearings only has to have 3 balls at the 120 degree apart positions for it to work.The later thrust bearing pieces only had the 3 balls.

If you can fasten that washer to the starter clutch plate,you won't wear into the bushing at all. don-ohio (:^) (edited)

I forgot to add.......the balls do not have to be free and spinning like most ball bearings.They only need to be in there tight.So don't worry if they don't spin,just keep your gear oil at correct level. don-ohio

chris bergeron /

Thanks Don, appreciate your knowlage.

That's okay...glad to help! don-ohio (:^)

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

I have seen these for sale on ebay.it by a company motocambitalia. I have a spare NOS cable hook if you need

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account