Trying to reinstall the brake pads on my Puch Snowflake mags. Tips anyone? I can't get the tensioner to budge into position. (Service manual only covers springs.)

PICTURE

I'll add these:

One side of the tensioner is bent in a bit, and I'm not sure if that's making the issue worse.

This is for the rear snowflake.

I had to pull the whole thing apart because the tensioner came out of one of the shoes and it was just jangling around like an a set of keys in there.

And, yes, I know I should also get more manly man hands etc etc.

Thx. (edited)

Re: Trying to reinstall the brake pads on my Puch Snowflake mags. Tips anyone? I can't get the tensioner to budge into position. (Service manual only covers springs.)

lay the tensioner flat on a table to eyeball how bent it really is.

if the arms aren't parallel, there's your problem.

mine, i'd be bending the arms parallel.

channel locks, anchor one end, pull the other over the hole, shove in.

you asked for this one:

maybe get your woman to do it for you.

Re: Trying to reinstall the brake pads on my Puch Snowflake mags. Tips anyone? I can't get the tensioner to budge into position. (Service manual only covers springs.)

"if the arms aren't parallel, there's your problem."

Now to find me a bender... I knew this was feeling way too hard. TWSS.

Thank you, Glenn.

Is it just me or do those pads look like they came off a spoked wheel set? Each pad has the 2 holes for the springs.

Clip, might be the case, but here's how they come from Treats.

I not quite sure what would be so bad about throwing some springs in there tbh.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account