grande blinker removal

Jon Mellor /

Hey all, i just picked up a 79 grande super deluxe with the blinkers. I would like to remove them fully. Is this possible? Also does anyone know what size tires it takes,i believe the current ones are too big because it does not sit on the center stand. Thanks in advance.

Re: grande blinker removal

Andrew Squiggman /

your center stand is likely bent

i am currently working on my grande. removal is easy, you unscrew M8 bolt at the back of the blinker and then gently twist it off and away. then, when you see the wire, pull it out and eventually you will see the connector. just unplug it and thats it.

I have a question though, can you by any chance make a picture of the front wheel hub? Or tell in what sequence the nuts and spacers go on the shaft? i disassembled mine and now, although i have an idea, i forgot which one goes where. i have three spacers and they are all of different thickness

Jon Mellor /

Ok thanks ill look inti the center stand being bent . And i will try to get a picture of the front hub but the one on my bike is very rusty. Also i wanted to take out all of the extra wiring for the blinkers as well.

17in rear, 16in front. by 2 1/2. i believe.

Jon Mellor /

Ok thanks ill have to check when i get home if its the correct tire.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account