wiring indicators to a 86 puch maxi

Hi i am currently rebuilding a 1986 puch maxi supreme, when i purchased the bike the previous owner had messed with the wiring and had made a mess of it. i have managed to get everything working by using the various wiring diagrams available, the only thing not working are the indicators. i have new bulbs, and clean earths, but for some reason every wire i try to power the indicators through takes too much power which then takes away from headlight or taillight, is there an easy fix, or a wire i should be using?

thanks

Re: wiring indicators to a 86 puch maxi

Patrick Keaton /

Which exact model of indicators do you have ?

If it has a battery,the battery may be flat,and may not take a charge,and if so,you may need to replace the battery.

this is the non battery model, not sure what model indicators they are, but they are 6v and have round lenses. same as the picture i have attached

bike2.jpg

just to add the indicators all power up and flash as they should when powered by the lighting coil, but they take too much of a feed from the other components, or make the other components dim/flash at the same time.

Brent Bublitz /

I have honestly never seen blinkers on a Maxi. Something new every day....

Most likely there was a battery in the system somewhere at some point. That would provide smooth power for the blinkers. I'm guessing the last owner "made a mess of" the wiring when he was eliminating the battery.

Andrew Squiggman /

Brent, I think it is because it is European. never heard of a maxi supreme myself either.

Brent Bublitz /

Ah, gotcha. I would guess this would be a good candidate for LED bulb replacements then. Much lower draw.

thanks for the advice, any idea where to find LED replacements?

Brent Bublitz /

thanks for all the advise, in the end i removed the indicators as they are not required for its test.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account