HELP ME OMG

soooo i got all my parts in 2 days ago and i was so excited to get going. i got my new tires on and my new float needle and atomizer and float all installed. now when i start it this moped is immediately ready to go wide open throttle if i dont touch anything im going to go 40 mph into whatever is in front of me. please help as i cant just hold the brakes everywhere i go

Re: HELP ME OMG

i dont have the rear brakes hooked up or the pedal chain if that matters

Emil Kniemel /

maybe your throttle cable is binding or something and is stuck open.

the cable seems fine could this be a problem with the new atomizer and jets???? or the float needle or float itself?

Take your carb apart and start over... make sure the throttle assembly is put together correctly and moving freely & everything is tightened down.

Before you make the 'ped go, make sure it can stop when it does go. Fix the rear brake so you don't you wreck it.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

air leak, check for leaks, generally the idle scew factory stock settings for most two strokes is 4 turns from fully in, always have the throttle open so it dont bind the slider when you adjust it,

fix teh brakes and air leak, it could be a fuel delivery problem running lean makes them race.

so brakes are fixed and everything was running fine but when i started changing jets to fix the 4 stroke now whenever i engage the throttle the slide opens all the way and i am stuck in WOT but if i push the slide back down with my foot it goes back to normal. even the slightest tug on the throttle puts me into WOT and im offfff..... how do i stop this!?

There is some kind of spring to return the slide. Fix that and the cable binding. Seeing you didn't post what moped it is. This would apply to all.

Brent Bublitz /

erik Kelly Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> so brakes are fixed and everything was running

> fine but when i started changing jets to fix the 4

> stroke now whenever i engage the throttle the

> slide opens all the way and i am stuck in WOT but

> if i push the slide back down with my foot it goes

> back to normal. even the slightest tug on the

> throttle puts me into WOT and im offfff..... how

> do i stop this!?

Please explain, in great detail, how you are pushing the slide down with your foot. Are your feet 1/2 inch wide?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account