Tomos A35 won't idle

I have a tomos targa lx that stalls whenever I stop and doesn't idle. I adjusted the throttle screw but the only way to get It to idle is to put it all the way in and it's way to high and only works when it's choked. I cleaned the jet and I don't know what else to do. Could it be the dirty exhaust? or anything else?

Re: Tomos A35 won't idle

oh and I have a big bore kit and biturbo exhaust

Have you cleaned the idle jet? I cleaned my carb on my targa many times (including main jet) but missed the tiny hole in the idle jet multiple times. Once I cleaned that out my idle problems went away.

The image 'evgdboy' posted really helps

I actually only cleaned the main jet. Ill try that! thanks !

Jake: Read "Tomos rebuild project - problem" 06/12/14 Where I solved the exact problem, and I'm certain it is the same problem.

Harry Harvey

♣Slew Foot♣ /

can you compensate by adjusting your throttle cable so it doesnt bottom all the way out on dead throttle?

mine did the same thing, but it was a blown crank seal. Hopefully cleaning the little hole fixes otherwise it a decent size job to fix.

Check the 1st gear clutch to see if its not stuck engaged. This just happened to me after I kitted my a35. All the cork was gone and my clutch was stuck engaged.

Currently I am having the same problem on my A55. the only thing i could find was a broken piston ring that destroyed my whole engine, now im paying like $200 to fix it all. i would stop running it salvage as much as you can, try and open the cylinder to check if that is the issue.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account