retap athena ajh 70cc. exhaust stud broke

Troll Arsenault /

Fuck me. Has this happened to anyone else.stud broke flush.nhad a guy bring some ez outs but no look, looks like I have to have it drilled and retapped, less than 100 miles on kit, ill buy another if it comes down to it cuz that kit is the bees knees. Has anyone else had to retap their kit?

Re: retap athena ajh 70cc. exhaust stud broke

Retapped mine about a month ago, put some m8 bolts in it. Took about 30 minutes because of the shitty drill i had, but works like a charm (did have to drill bigger holes in the exhaust)

Troll Arsenault /

Sweet, beats buying another kit for 200. I will if I have to but trying to avoid that

Dont tap them to M8, thats frig'd up. Helicoil inserts are stronger than the aluminum by a lot. Heres what you need!

center punch

m6 helicoil kit w/ taps(usually if it comes with the tap it has the drill bit too)

maybe some studs and brass nuts so this never happens to you again!

Got it?

We used m8 bolts because of a lack of helicoil, and i had to get home which is kind of difficult without an exhaust. But the option described above is better

Troll Arsenault /

A guy was talking about helicoil option. Ill see what I can muster up. Thanks

i did that. drill the shit to 6mm, tap to m7, helicoil back to m6. did it on two of those athena kits.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account