Re: No spark with new Motobecane HPI CDI

Wayne has one tool in his social handbook... a hammer. If it doesn't successfully get the point across he grabs a bigger hammer.

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Just send this cdi back to the vender and let them know your to fucking dumb to run a ground from the Ht to carter and most likely fried the box with your stupidity AKA spark testing meth-ed.

better yet just give the moped to me for wasting my time on your dumb ass.(edited)

Ah, so you actually are trying to tell me that two points which have continuity to one another and which are both grounded to the frame are not grounded.

The HT coil and the exciter coil are connected to one another through the CDI box and have continuity that way.

The HT coil bracket is bolted directly to the frame and is therefor grounded to said frame.

The grounding strap on the exciter coil is intact, and the stator plate is grounded to the engine.

The engine is grounded to the frame.

Let's ignore for a second that the two are grounded to one another via the CDI box. They would still both be grounded to the frame.

Wayne, please read that completely and carefully and tell me exactly what makes you think my stator and HT coil are not grounded. Because unless my understanding of the term "ground" is fundamentally flawed, they are grounded in not one, but two separate ways.

Also, the spark testing technique you described is exactly what I did, although I grounded the plug body directly to the head by holding it there instead of using an alligator clip. If my spark testing method fries CDI boxes, then so does yours.

Your just too dumb to have a moped.

Learn to read this^^^^^

And do this VVV

Up grade to points and send your HPI cdi back to the vender and let them know your to fucking dumb to run a ground from the Ht to carter and most likely fried the box with your stupidity.

If you run the ground from the Ht to carter / stater and you get spark you need to ship me your AV10 Moby, cause your just a retard.

Fuck you. Would you like to explain to the ladies and gentlemen how that doesn't indicate continuity?

Actually, don't. I've had enough of your misspelled, inaccurate bullshit.

You know what's worse than an idiot? A loud idiot.

My HPI works just fine Enestin.

Tyler Jaynes /

Don't worry crazy wayne had a few screws come loose after everyone gave him shit on the forums a few years back. Ever since then hes only become what he once hated. What a shame :( well i digress. You Should try every possible configuration of wiring you can and make a check list of what you've done. Once you've exhausted all your possibilities, then maybe consider contacting your vendor for some advice on the situation.

So, is it sanded underneath your frame where it's bolted on? with cdi's its super important to have a good ground. i always have redundant grounds for things like the cdi box and stator. I made the mistake of having a poor ground once with a treats cdi and again with the hpi. NEVER AGAIN. If you spin it with a fast drill does it spark at all? Try to redo you grounds and add a bonding strap from the stator to the frame too just for good measure. If that doesnt work you blew it and get a new box.

Yeah, I sanded under the coil bracket. I'm not getting anything with the drill. It's looking like I may have a bad CDI box; I have AC voltage going into the box from the exciter coil, but I'm getting nothing from the little orange cable coming out the other side. I ordered a new one, so now we wait. I did add a strap from the head to the frame, just for good measure.

Up grade to points and send your HPI cdi back to the vender and let them know your to fucking dumb to run a ground from the Ht to carter and most likely you fried the box with your stupidity.

If you run the ground from the Ht to carter / stater and you get spark you need to ship me your AV10 Moby, cause your just fucking Insane.

Your just,

(edited)

...says the guy who has been posting the same (wrong) advice for three days...

Dude now your just freaking in a straitjacket,lol

Rebel Moby Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Up grade to points

Did you do the Rebel up grade?

Nope, I bought a new CDI box and it works just fine now. Guess I just got a bad one.

Eds Moped Shop - Dead Possums /

So in the picture I have 0 ohms when I test the white and blue wire. This means the wire is broke somewhere? Bc if it was just the exciter going bad, then it would still have some reading, just not in the 350ohm range?

I can't physically notice anything broken or disconnected. Everything seems to be glued in place as it should be. Thoughts?

(edited)

20140831_085933.jpg

Hey I've got the same reading on the blue to white resistance test Al the last guy. His is saying OL mine says 1 same as if the probes are in the air not touching each other. What's the verdict on this reading?

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account