Puch Maxi Leaking Transmission

Help a lady out!

Just purchased a maxi and it was leaking transmission fluid. I replaced the gasket with a brand new one and also drained and refilled with new fluid. I also made sure to tighten all the screws down really well.

Looks like it's STILL leaking. I felt around after a day of riding and found that it's leaking from a specific area (see attached photo).

Don't know what to do about this? Maybe the cover doesn't have an even seal? Should I sand it down a little? Or did I over tighten the screws??

I don't think it's a problem with the gasket as I already did this twice, both times with new gaskets!

Screen Shot 2013-06-17 at 10.34.46 AM.png

Re: Puch Maxi Leaking Transmission

Overpriced Parts /

Double up the gasket use a thick gasket or use sealant on both sides of the gasket.

This happens all the time . For some reason the mating surfaces arn't prefect.

Many times after a few months it will stop leaking its self.

When I tune a clutch and take the cover off, put a new gasket on 50% of the time it will leak 50% it won't so when it leaks I remove all the oil from the gasket and surfaces with solvent or get a new gasket and then thin coat first side with RTV sealant and stick gasket on perfect and let it dry, Then when installing coat the other side . Done

I'll try this out. Thank you!!

Any update on this issue? Having the exact same case on my maxi, tried to retighten the three bolts, but I'm having my doubts its will help...

Overpriced Parts /

Jon Kj Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Any update on this issue? Having the exact same

> case on my maxi, tried to retighten the three

> bolts, but I'm having my doubts its will help...

4 bolts/screws not 3

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account