Kreidler Tire Recommendations

Chris Harrington /

I'm looking to replace the original tires on my Kreidler MP-19. They are 2.25 X 17 and have a fairly tall sidewall. What are you Kreidler guys using? I am reluctant to use Gazelles as they have a short sidewall and are a bitch to install (I don't want to damage those sweet 5 spoke wheels). Any and all help is appreciated.

Re: Kreidler Tire Recommendations

Darrell Gabbard /

ask your self what applications are you going to be riding your ped in?

Show us your ped

I say gazelles.... impervious to shit.

Go with Gazelles. I have them on my Kreidler and love them. My Kreidler loves them as well and they are a little bit of a pain to get on but just go slowly.

Kreidler.jpg

Now, why'd yo go and make that Kreidler awesome..

Because I was bored.

calendar pic....

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

The best part of a Kreidler is the chrome tank. Why?

Chris Harrington /

OK, the Gazelles are cheap and strong. Will a 2.50 X 17 Gazelle (taller sidewall than the 2.25 Gazelle) fit inside the stock fenders with out much modding?

Because the chrome was all scratched to hell and back and there were a couple of nice dents as well. Trust me if it were nicer I would have left left the chrom and altered the paint job around it.

Chris Harrington /

Is anyone running Gazelles in the 2.5" X 17" size on a stock MP 19? I'm wondering if they will clear the fenders etc. Thanks.

After staring at mine eight here.

I say yes. The front is iffy. But close

I'm running stockish generic 2.25" up front with NOS Continental 2-3/4" on back. Works great except for occasional rubbing on the rear fender (pretty wide tire), diameter of the tire clears the swing arm with little to spare. I don't see a problem running 2.5" front and back.

Chris Harrington /

Alright, thanks for the input. I ordered a pair of 2.5" X 17" Gazelles today and, hopefully, won't have to do much bending and grinding on the Kreidler to make them fit.

do not grind, just bending on a Kreidler, and it will love you.

awesome picture of your Kreidler

in your bio...............

Chris Harrington /

Thanks to all who encouraged the Gazelles in 2.50 X 17 size. I finally got them installed and they fit perfectly on my stock MP-19 without any modifications. No rubbing anywhere. Thanks to leaving them out in the heat, no issues with installing them on the pretty wheels. Easiest tire swap ever.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account