honda nc50 clutch puller

matt boda1nz /

can anyone point me in the right direction?

i just ordered everything needed for a complete build. i haven't taken the case apart yet, or even seen the inside of an nc50 case.. i have built several qt50's, but those are held in by a c'clip. i want to know that i have a clutch puller before i get into this thing.

please don't recommend a hammer and crowbar. heh!

thanks!

Re: honda nc50 clutch puller

matt boda1nz /

i did a search, came up empty..

You need a clutch puller and a 2 jaw puller for the flywheel.(There are two holes for the bolts on your clucth to screw in the clutch puller) You cant use a 3 jaw puller. As for pulling the case apart unless you have the jig to do it your going to have to hammer away just be careful not to damage anything. I am also going through a rebuild. My crankshaft is out true and my wrist pin clip came out so now I need a new cylinder and piston

Here is a link to the manual for the NC50

http://www.mopedriders.org/html/manuals/honda/express/hexpresssm.htm

Ill try to post pics of the internal if you like. On a side note don't disassemble anything thats on the transmission cover unless you have to. Mine the starter return spring wasn't reassembled correctly so now i have to manual bring the starter lever back up to the the stop. What year is your NC50?

And the pdf version. Couldnt find it earlier would be nice if the forums had an edit button

http://www.vintagemopedsforsale.com/pdfs/honda-express-shop-manual-nc50-na50-express-II.pdf

matt boda1nz /

thanks for all the help.. looking for a clutch puller. do you have a link for one that will work?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CZASCM/

[/url]

That is the style you want. I do not know if it comes with the right bolt but that easy enough to correct just get one that works from a hardware store. I had a friend talk me into him helping me with taking it apart. The flywheel side took at lot of pulling. He had an air powered drill cranking down on the jaw puller. Has for the crankcase it self. He just hammered evenly so it came out square. This got the crankshaft out of the left side(clutch side). He had a hydraulic press to get the crankshaft out of the flywheel side. Just as a note the crankshaft is pressed onto the roller bearings which are also pressed into the case itself. You probably could support it in some way so you can hammer on the crank to remove it from the flywheel side So it would help a lot if you had a friend with a motorcycle/moped shop. Sorry if this ran on long. I hope your moped is in better shape then mine.

matt boda1nz /

yeah.. i have built a few qt50 moped engines.. so im pretty familiar with how they go together and come apart. i had a machine shop make a crankshaft removal tool.. you shoukd never beat on them with a hammer! thats probably why yours is out of true. theres a flywheel removal tool for the flywheel.. you screw it on and turn a bolt and the flywheel pops off.. no jaw puller, i could see that being tough to do with a jawed puller. i appreciate all of your efforts in assisting me though.. i really just wanted to know if there was a specific tool used to remove the flywheel on an nc50.. i want to purchase one. thanks for the link to the harmonic balancer... that pointed me in the right direction.

I was going to link you to Treats where I got mine like 2+ years ago but now its not there. If I can find mine I will send you a pic but I have no clue where it is right now.

No problem. Have fun with your tear down.

I have a few complete motors or partially complete ones too that you can put your top end and stuff on

I made my own puller for the clutch on my express and its very stuck on there. The only part that came off was the clutch shoes which were very stuck also. Any tips on how to get the entire clutch off so i can pull out my crankshaft out?

Nc50 clutch puller available at Oriellys or Advance auto parts for about $20.

NO problems, done. Next.

20160323_133949.jpg
20160323_133846.jpg

Ryan A Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> As for pulling the case

> apart unless you have the jig to do it your going

> to have to hammer away..........

Not true.

Aftermarket case splitters are for the most part universal, meaning they will work on several applications. Are ya gonna be doing this often??? Pony up now and get the correct tool cause you will be using it more than once.

I bought this one on ebay from a guy who makes them in Oregon for about $60. The thing that sets his splitter apart from the others is the fact he includes METRIC all thread to screw into blind holes. This becomes very important in certain circumstances when there are only blind holes to attach the tool to.

P.M. me if you need any other help or info about rebuilding an NC50

20160331_133123.jpg
20160331_133853.jpg
20160331_133911.jpg

(edited)

matt boda1nz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> yeah.. i have built a few qt50 moped engines.. so

> im pretty familiar with how they go together and

> come apart. i had a machine shop make a crankshaft

> removal tool.. you shoukd never beat on them with

> a hammer! thats probably why yours is out of true.

> theres a flywheel removal tool for the flywheel..

> you screw it on and turn a bolt and the flywheel

> pops off.. no jaw puller, i could see that being

> tough to do with a jawed puller. i appreciate all

> of your efforts in assisting me though.. i really

> just wanted to know if there was a specific tool

> used to remove the flywheel on an nc50.. i want to

> purchase one. thanks for the link to the harmonic

> balancer... that pointed me in the right

> direction.

Yes this puller works well on the flywheel too.

20160323_133949.jpg

Jack Rutherford /

I see a gasket between the case halves. Should I also use Hondabond between them? And that case splitter rocks!

And what's the best way to reassemble. Bearings on crank and then crank/bearings in case?(edited)

No goop on the gaskets, clean surfaces. Generally bearing on crank then case on. Tap the crank back and forth to free the bearings, they will have a lot of resistance when the cases compress together.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account