Honda Express NC50 Wind up to Pull Start Conversion

2S4Blood Hanson /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Ok Here it is.

Things Needed

1. Pulley ( See Attachment )

2. Bronze Sleeve

3. Pull Start Rope and Handle

First thing you need to do is the kick start conversion found here...

The only thing different is DO NOT put the return spring back in.

All you need is the pulley in the pictures I attached and a bronze sleeve. Im not sure the size I just went to a machine shop and asked for something that fit but it should be too hard to find.

The pulley comes with a set screw or you can get a longer allen bolt if you want the screw to go in further but Ive done 2 now and the regular set screw works fine.

I drilled a small hole in the sleeve for the set screw to guide into. The Bronze is so soft that it threads no problem.

After you have the bronze sleeve in the pulley all you have to do is hammer on the assembly and put about 3 feet of rope on the handle and wrap it up and let her go!

If somebody could figure out the return spring that would be cool. The spring kept popping off for me. I would imagine if you could heat it up, bend it and get it mounted correctly you could leave the rope on it after starting with the right mount for the handle.

I just throw the rope in a backpack. No Biggee

And boom there you have it. ( The moped in video not tuned we just finished the pullstart and did a test video. The Moped Now runs great and fires Every Time. )

20121030_133309.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account