side mount kickstand for Honda NU50M Urban Express

Captain Janeway /

Have my little Honda, and a chewed up knee. I'm having a hard time rocking the bike up onto the center stand. I'm trying to think of a way to get a side mount kickstand on.

Went to Treats, and these are the ones I 'm looking at that maybe could be doctored or whatever. This one looked like the best possibility, but I'm not quite seeing the orientation of the stand to the ground when it's holding the bike. Straight like the picture, or bent at 90 degrees (I'm somewhat spatially challenged). I asked Benji, and he wasn't sure.

Any ideas? My knee and I thank you.

https://www.treatland.tv/derbi-variant-BLACK-side-stand-for-flatreed-p/sidestand-all-black-flatreed.htm

kickstand sideview.jpg
kickstand front mount.jpg
kickstand backside.jpg

Re: side mount kickstand for Honda NU50M Urban Express

I think your using the wrong technique. I weigh nothing and its a one hand, one foot ordeal.

You stand off to whichever side is best. If your on the left of the noped, push with your right foot the centerstand leg down with your foot and pull up and back on the rear rack with your right hand.

I used to do this with a 340lb bike when I was 18.

You can geta side stand if that is what you prefer but try using your body weightas an advantage to get the bike up. Maybe grab it by the rear rack and pull backwards, that is what I usually do

Captain Janeway /

Problem is I'm really short. I mean under 5' short. So when I rock the bike on kickstand I'm not getting the same leverage you probably are as you're reaching down. My center of gravity hits way below a good height, and I have to muscle using my upper body rather that just bracing with the foot and rocking back. Because of that bracing and rocking hurts no matter what side of the bike I'm on. I've never had a problem before I screwed my knee up.

I really think I need the side mount. Any ideas on one I could attach?

people use the mb5 sidestand from treats on their nc50/nu50s, see here.

Gruff "(OFMC)" - /

work on your technique of using the center stand you wont be happy with a side stand they fall over all the time when on soil at least mine does?

Lukas McWhorter /

Be sure whatever stand you get has a good aggressive spring on it. I bought a sidestand for my Maxi and took it off because the spring was worthless. If you hit a pebble that stand would fall down...and that is very dangerous.

Jack Rutherford /
nu50stand.jpg

1. Get rid of U shaped portion of center stand;

2. Use this bolt hole to attach new side stand;

3. re-use spring and spring mount with new side stand.

It probably won't be this simple but I may have to give it a try. I don't want to get rid of the bigger tire I've put on that makes my stock center stand too short.

I also need to come up with a different rear fender or go without. damn it. (edited)

Jack Rutherford /

It almost worked but the cheap side stand I bought off eBay was the problem. I think this Tomos stand would work though. Will give it a try most likely.

Captain Janeway /

> Jack Rutherford Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It almost worked but the cheap side stand I bought off eBay was the

> problem. I think this Tomos stand would work though. Will give it a

> try most likely.

I won't waste my time on that other stand then if you're saying it didn't work.

Post up that Tomos if you mount it, it may be easier to hook up than the MB5.

Crazy Wayne is promising me some kind of mutant stand when he drops my bike off next weekend (I hope). I'll post it if it looks promising.

Jack Rutherford /

Yeah that ebay stand needs a 45 degree bend in it somewhere to work. It was close.

Chris Carleton /

Cut off a leg.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account