Tomos brakes being a little touchy

A55 tomos sprint

50 miles on it

Basically when ever I use the front break at all it just goes full force. Sometimes yanking me off the ped and sometimes causing the moped to loose traction. There is no gradual braking capability for the front brake at all.

Any one else know what causes this? I have a feeling I am just going to have to get new brake components.

Re: Tomos brakes being a little touchy

It's worth taking the brake apart and looking around.

It's probly under warranty if it's a 2012, take it to the dealer.

I do plan on taking it apart. Just can't right now. I would also take it to the dealer but they are 5 hour drive away.

ahhhhh - the convenience of a new bike...

Open the brake drum and have your brake cleaner handy to give it a spray where the grease or oil spots on the friction material is... might want to chamfer the leading edge and trailing edge of the friction material as well.

Robert B Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I do plan on taking it apart. Just can't right

> now. I would also take it to the dealer but they

> are 5 hour drive away.

Cleats Onionpockets /

If it's a drum brake, you may have a snapped off post where the shoes are supposed to pivot slightly. You might be having a problem where instead of being held in place correctly by said pin, they're digging in and going hard up against the drum. If that's the case, dealer owes you a new front brake. But it's on you if you want to take it apart and have a look.

I agree, sounds like the brake pad is jamming. Not the end of the world, on the bright side at least they work?

Thanks everyone. Still cant take it apart yet but I will call up the dealer.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account