Puch Case Cleaning

I am rebuilding my Puch Maxi and I have all of the parts besides the crankshaft. I thought that this would be a good time to clean the cases since there is nothing in them. What should I use to clean the cases?

Re: Puch Case Cleaning

dishwasher.

My mom would kill me if she saw the motor parts in there. Could i just scrub it with dish washing liquid or soap?

Honestly, I think carb cleaner works pretty darn well. They also make foaming engine cleaner that works alright.

pressure washer, then some aluminum polish buffed off with fine steel wool

Michael Thomas /

Simply Awesome and hose it out. Costs a buck and works excellent.

dishwasher

Simple green

Christian Levi /

carb cleaner and foamy engine cleaner... autozone has two bottles for six bucks at the moment i think...

Clean motors are lame, Crusty or bust.

RADIUM CITY JO$HUA /

I use Simple Green cut with water. I used to use carb cleaner but that gets too pricy.

Isopropyl Alcohol would work great too and it's fairly cheap. I've started using it for things I used to use carb cleaner for. Cheaper, cleans up easier and probably less likely to kill you.

Ok thanks. Finally someone who answers the question fully and without one word

SkUG SkUGosarus /

I media blasted mine, steam cleaned them to get some of the muck out.... still some tough grime in there even after steam cleaning, tried abit of thinners... nope... still there, in the end I used "muc off" ...designed for cleaning bicycles! washed it with hot water (so it dried out quickly)

then I polished it up (badly - i need more practice) :)

parts cleaner.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account