homemade clutch puller honda hobbit

Emil Kniemel /

so... i was holding out for the OEM one so that i could use other side for the rear variator.. but it may never come. might have to try that woodblock jig method for the rear pulley.

any way, here it is:

the nut that threads onto the clutch is from a gsxr fork nut that my friends dad's shop had lying around. i think its a fairly common fork cap size. its 24mm x 1.5 pitch. cut the top off, welded on a tube that would clear the crank, and then welded a nut to fit the pushing screw in. voila.

works amazing.

clutchtool.JPG

Re: homemade clutch puller honda hobbit

dope

leme borrow that...

awesome, the 24mm X 1.5 threads are the real barrier to people making these, so knowing where to get them helps a lot.

You may find your puller works even better than the motion pro one, as that one doesn't grab too many threads.

Emil Kniemel /

yeah this one threads all the way down.

- Summerai - Drew /

I want to make one but I can't find shit with 24x1.5 threads.

I bought a 24 x 1.5 mm nut to make a puller for my derbi. Just gotta look in the right places y'all. Think it ran me $2 and it was a local SCREW HOUSE HAHAHAHA. seriously though...

nice welding btw.

- Summerai - Drew /

Wtf! Fastenal was the first place I checked and came up short. shit! Thanks!! We have a couple fastnals here, hopefully they stock those locally. Thanks again.

Hope it helped. Somewhere from this page you can get to a page that will show whether any individual fastenal has this in stock. Act like your ordering it and put your zip code in.

dude, make a bunch and sell them ........? cheap or not?

whatever

- Summerai - Drew /

I gotta hang out in the repair forum more.

i sooooo wish i knew how to weld..... i can barely solder

- Summerai - Drew /

I might whip a few of these out over the weekend. If anyone is interested ...

I made one of these tonight. Thanks for the article. I found out a 2000 Honda Prelude's front spindle nut is 24mx1.5 works great and has enough nut thread to fully thread onto the clutch. You can find the spindle nut at any autoparts store. I paid $7

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account