Peugeot TSM, Gas tank cutouts-rusty pinholes yikes!

I have this old tsm tank that I wanted to modify with cutouts for a little more custom cafe look. This tank is rusty as Fuck. After cutting it open I discover quite a bit of pinholes coming through. I am hoping to line the tank after I am finished welding and block up all this pinholes. Anybody go through a similar process? What was the best method for sealing tank and getting rust out. Por-15 or some other stuff?

thanks.

tsmtank.jpg

Re: Peugeot TSM, Gas tank cutouts-rusty pinholes yikes!

Pierre zoomzoom /

Jon, get the POR-15 kit. They got it at Hawley's paints in SR. You won't be disappointed. The tank on my QT50 was rusted to shit and the POR-15 kit did the trick.

Thanks Pierre. should I run the por before I try and fill and shape the out side of the tank?

Pierre zoomzoom /

Do whatever you gotta do to seal the inside of the tank (weld your pinholes or what have you). After you get the whole inside all good you can grow the POR-15 in and do whatever body work you gotta do to the outside of the tank while it's setting. It takes like 4 days or something like that before you can put gas in it. Call me if I confused you

yeah, that makes sense. thats about 300 wleds cus there is a damn fuck load of pinholes but It will be worth it when it is done.

-jon

Pierre zoomzoom /

I'll be back in town this weekend. Let's get in touch. I'd like to check progress out!

Word up, hit me up.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account