Hobbit wiring help

Neil Burgess /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

ok. got my motor rebuilt- put in one of those hobbit cdi units- new cdi box- new coil for the cdi. got the hobbit to run with the bare minimum connected.

problem is this- no lights- Can't seem to figure out the rectifier and am not producing 6 or 12 volts anywhere. Tried to follow the diagram on the wiki but thats a bunch of shit whoever "colorized" it only managed to cover up the stock wire color codes. so I have a tail from the front of the bike hanging- and the tail to the rear of the bike hanging- it does run but when I wire in the stock rectifier it only puts out 1.5v.

So much for specialized electronics training for 12v systems- I can do anything in a car- but I don't know jack when it comes to AC to DC conversion. I'm just not following.

If anyone has a better diagram I'd appreciate it! Especially if you have a diagram with the stock color codes from points setup to cdi that would be ideal. It's that or I put the points back in and try to get some lights that way!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account