Treats CDI Blues

I have the ZA50 Treats CDI installed on my Tomos, bike runs fine no problems with spark, but I have no lights. Wiring is good, voltage regulator is good.

I was testing compression the other day and the plug wire created an arc with the frame, could that have killed my lights?

Do these things have lighting coils, are there replacements?

how to fix?

Thanks

Re: Treats CDI Blues

Carson which treats cdi did you get? Is it the one with the green shrinkwrap? We used the yellow wire for lights.

Slow Goer Tommy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Carson which treats cdi did you get? Is it the

> one with the green shrinkwrap? We used the yellow

> wire for lights.

Yeah dude, yellow to the regulator.

I've been running the CDI for a month or so, and then today while working on my bike realized the lights don't work anymore.

Hmmm plug wire arc shouldn't be a problem because the current comes off of different coils... butttt you may want to check that out. Have you checked your grounds at all? We were also having problems with a couple of the solders on the coils. Maybe one broke free with a little too much wire tension. Let me know what you find out! (edited)

thanks Tommy, I'll take a peek at it tomorrow and give you an update.

problem soloved

this little wire came loose from its ground. a bit of solder and good as new. I have lights again.

Awesome man! glad you got it worked out!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account