Moto guzzi robin coil, can't find one online!

== Moto guzzi robin internal coil question ==

Hey so I just picked up a '74 moto guzzi robin. It needs a new internal ignition coil and I'm having trouble locating one. I believe it's a 6v system and it looks similar to this one : https://www.treatland.tv/sachs-ignition-coil-p/sachs-bosch-ignition-coil.htm . But are Sachs 6v? Does anyone have any insight on this issue? Thanks!

Re: Moto guzzi robin coil, can't find one online!

Darrell Gabbard /

measure it out or convert

Harpers moto guzzi

greenwood,mo.

expensive but he has the part

fallout Survivor /

Possibly you could rebuild the old one by unwinding the old wire and rewinding it with new wire by hand. I have done it for guitar coils.

sachs are 6v lights, ignition coils should swap if it's the same diameter flywheel. you can rewind your old coil. i've done lighting coils, ignition might be difficult but it shouldnt be really.

the voltage of the ignition coil doesnt really matter, most external HT spark coils will spark anywhere from 3 to 16V

also also, the coil you're looking at is an internal ignition coil and runs directly to the spark plug. if it fits on your stator (that's for the smaller diameter bosch flywheels) it'll spark. voltage etc is entirely irrelevant because the entire ignition system (besides the points) is all internal in that lil piece.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account