PUCH MAXI PROBLEM

Trent Stakelin /

i have 1980 puch maxi

1) when i tried to run start, when i squeeze the lever up and the wheel locks up afetr that it will not turn over nothing.

2) i bought a new spark plug wire and spark plug

3) when i tried to put green wire in the ingtion coil it broke on me.

but this green wire broke on me after doing the above.

so i dont know what to do now.

Re: PUCH MAXI PROBLEM

Overpriced Parts /

Correct plug?

It could be hitting the piston or maybe it's seized/stuck in the cylinder

Trent Stakelin /

the biked seized and its not stuck i fixed that.

also checked the plug twice.

I dont know?

Michael Thomas /

Very poor description. You need to be more detailed and stop typing in textese.

Does it turn over without a plug?

Reading this makes me want to hit you. One does not understand. I agree with Michael. you have a keyboard, use it. No one ever yelled at you for using to much information.

Okay, so the problem is that your moped won't start. When you try to start it, the wheel locks up, and after that it won't turn over.

To fix this, you bought a new spark plug wire, a new spark plug, and dicked with the wiring.

To put this in other terms, that'd be like if my problem was that I was hungry, and to fix this, I scrubbed my toilet and put gas in my car. Solution not related to problem.

You need to go back to the basics here and fix the problems that are actually problems, rather than replacing parts that probably don't need to be replaced.

If the wheel locks up when you engage the clutch lever, either your top end is seized or something is terribly wrong inside your bottom end. This is where you need to look first. You said it seized, but you fixed it. How/why did it seize, and what did you do to fix it? Can you rotate the flywheel with your hand? Do you have compression after it seized?

To make your moped run, you need gas, spark, and compression. To get it started, you also need a way to transfer the movement of you pedaling to the engine ... or a drill and a socket that fits your flywheel nut. Once you know you have compression, then worry about spark and wiring.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account