Questions about a CEV light conversion

Heather Spielman /

So I wanna attempt to convert my CEV steel-backed headlamp, because the sucker burned out, and I'm using the tutorial located here: http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/CEV_%27sealed_beam%27_headlight_upgrade

I have a few questions:

1) I have a Dremel with a set of cut-off attachments. Nothing angled. There's a vise I can use in the garage, but do I need it? Yeah, it's sort of a dumb question, but I've never used a rotary tool before and I want to make a clean cut without the damned light wobbling around. How do I go about doing that?

2) My wiring is housed to support high-low beams, with a grounding wire as well, so it's all separated up into a plastic bracket. Can I leave the wiring as-is and buy a three-pronged bulb, or do I have to remove that bracket?

3) Can someone explain bridging wires to me, in case I need to do that with the high-lows? You can see why question number two is so important now, lol!

Re: Questions about a CEV light conversion

♣Slew Foot♣ /

i will tell you the GE tractor bulbs are 11 dollars that fit into that headlight bezel and they are wide angle dispersion 6v 25 watts. use the low beam line to run parking lights or just tape it off/cap it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account