Thanks for the advice in the past. I've had this '79 Grande running very nice!
Suddenly, as I was driving my kid around a parking lot, it died. I figured it was out of gas, so we rode home and filled up, but no luck. Won't start, drips gas when I try.
So here's what I know:
- Not seized. Good compression.
- Getting plenty of gas up front. Filter is good.
- Good spark.
- I MAY feel some air escaping through the decompression valve when closed. I'm not sure yet. disconnecting the decompression cable and manually decompressing during start attempt didn't make a difference.
- Gas appears to be coming out the exhaust, or at least making its way there quickly.
- Squirted a bit into the chamber, replaced the plug, but still no start.
- Tried with Air filter on and off, no change. Filter seems good.
It doesn't appear to have a head gasket, but from what I've read here, these Vespa's don't have a gasket. I've cleaned the head and it's nice and tight.
I'm out of ideas at this point. Would love some advice. Might be ready to find someone in the neighborhood (Georgetown, Seattle) who might be a bit smarter about this than I.