ATM50-A1 Taotao moped assembly

Just ~€h;££;n~ /

I am about to buy a 2012 Taotao model number atm50-a1 moped and I was wondering if anyone here had some knowledge on these scoots. I heard when you buy them and have them shipped to your house (requires some assembly) you have to topoff the battery acid and change the oil before riding them. Others say you should change the carb too. I'm gonna put Loctite on the bolts because I also heard they have a tendancy to get loose. Does anyone know anything about or have expirience with this?? Thanks fellow soldiers, lol.

Re: ATM50-A1 Taotao moped assembly

You're better off asking on a scooter forum. This place is mostly for classic mopeds with pedals and such.

yeah and they arent that great because they are Chinese. They will last you about a year and then break down alot. I think you should look around to get a Puch Maxi moped. They have alot of performance parts and are reliable once you tune them in or leave them completely stock. And the best part is, if you have any problems with the puch, you post them right in this forum and they get answered pretty much as soon as you post it.

Christian Giron /

Yeah man, this is a moped forum not a scooter forum. Scooters are called mopeds now for some ungodly reason, but to call them a moped is incorrect.

Go through the photos at the top of the page to see what we ride and what a real moped is, and then correct your friends when they call your new tao tao a moped.

Just ~€h;££;n~ /

Well according to the Sec. of State they're classified as a moped, lol. I know the Chinese mopeds don't have good reputation, but I have read several people's reviews on these ones and they say they are the better than any Chinese moped they've seen. They also say they are still running strong after 2 years and a lot of miles put on them. Regular maintenance is the key. They also go at a top speed of about 50 mph on level ground with only a 49.5cc engine. Plus they look pritty decent on the outside.

Just like a woman is classified as a man, when referring to our genus.

Zeke Rigg /

^ lol i think i heard the before from every single Chinese scooter dealer ever. really we know nothing about these bikes except that most of us hate them with a passion. try scootdawg or a diffrent scooter forum. yes change the oil and tighten bolts also sie note make sure all electrical connections are clipped in good.

Just ~€h;££;n~ /

So I guess I prefer to ride females. HA!

Just ~€h;££;n~ /

Well, thanks. I think you're the only one to actually give me an answer to my question. So I guess all the mopeds of this era are considered scooters then?? I have a 98 Yamaha Riva Razz as well. Is this a "scooter" too? I kinda figured they were the same thing. They are called both all over the internet.

If it doesn't have pedals it's not a moped. Motor+pedals=moped.

If it has a floorboard and you sit on it like a crapper, then it's a scooter.

Probably Fred /

Ya Michigan moped law states no more then 2hp 30mph

Anything else you need a motorcycle license, insurance and helmet if under 21 and less then 2 years experience

Just ~€h;££;n~ /

Zeke Rigg Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

try scootdawg or a

> diffrent scooter forum.

I thought I would give scooterinvasion.net a try. Seems to be more helpful with what I own.

Just ~€h;££;n~ /

Mopeds started out as a bike with a motor to help get up hills and such. Then evolved into what we know now as a "scooter" probably because it looks more like one with the flat bottom and they got rid of the pedals. It's an evolved moped. I don't see what the big deal is for hating scooters. They're just a motor vehicle anyway. Seems a little immature to me. This forum seems to be the KKK of the moped community. Hatin on the new breeds. I like both personally.

Just ~€h;££;n~ /

Toatao advertises that these "scooters" only go about 30-35 mph but there have been several reviews and youtube videos that prove otherwise. Seems like a pritty sneaky way to get somemore speed. ;)

If the government decided that mules were also classified as mopeds....

Just ~€h;££;n~ /

A mule be classified as a moped...really? Come on dude. "Scooters" are evolved mopeds.

They should call them "mo".

Christian Giron /

Jordan Cole Wrote:

> Mopeds started out as a bike with a motor to help

> get up hills and such. Then evolved into what we

> know now as a "scooter" probably because it looks

> more like one with the flat bottom and they got

> rid of the pedals. It's an evolved moped. I don't

> see what the big deal is for hating scooters.

> They're just a motor vehicle anyway. Seems a

> little immature to me. This forum seems to be the

> KKK of the moped community. Hatin on the new

> breeds. I like both personally.

Other than this mentality being fucking wrong, they are two different things. How would they 'evolve' into the scooter we know now when they co-existed at one point? That's like calling a truck an 'evolved' sedan.

http://www.mopedarmy.com/photos/brand/2/1692/

The 'evolution' theory lives on in hardcore punk too. The newjacks to hardcore all listen to metal bands like bring me the horizon and say that hardcore 'evolved' from the 80s hardcore punk to the metal sound that bring me the horizon/as i lay dying/job for a cowboy have, when, in fact, the two have nothing to do with each other other than that those bands may have borrowed some sound influences from the 80s hardcore scene. /rant

/rant (edited)

Probably Fred /

Mopeds were before motorcycles

" This forum seems to be the KKK of the moped community."

This forum is the MOPED community. We don't give a fuck about your scooter.

Just ~€h;££;n~ /

Thanks for solidifying my point. That kind of attitude is extremely immature.

Would you go to a motorcycle forum and tell them your scooter is a motorcycle and then get all butt hurt when they tell you that you're wrong?

Would you go to a classic hotrod forum and tell them that your turbo charged Nissan is a hotrod?

Would you go to a washing machine repair forum and compare people to racist bigots when they won't tell you how to assemble your refridgerator?

Did I just get trolled?

Just ~€h;££;n~ /

I would call them moscoots.

Just ~€h;££;n~ /

First of all I never was "butt hurt" about anything. I could care less whether I have a scooter or a moped. You're just being a jerk about it.

Just ~€h;££;n~ /

The trucks, sedans and all vehicles came from the Ford Model T. Just like all motorcycles came from the idea of putting a motor on a bicycle. No need to get angry and drop F bombs here.

Figgity fuck, figgity fuck, figgity fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Christian Giron /

Jordan Cole Wrote:

> The trucks, sedans and all vehicles came from the

> Ford Model T. Just like all motorcycles came from

> the idea of putting a motor on a bicycle. No need

> to get angry and drop F bombs here.

Doesn't change the fact that they are two different things. A motorcycle is not a bicycle with a motor on it. A truck is not a ford model T. A sedan is not a mini-van.

I'm still failing to understand what you don't understand.

Just ~€h;££;n~ /

My point is that scooters were made just a bit after mopeds (hence the evolution comment). The 2 are built very similar and used for the same purpose. I've seen plenty of what you call "mopeds" without pedals, and just feet rests. Mopeds or scooters, one isn't better than the other.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

"one isn't better than the other"

It all depends on who you ask. Both have their pros and cons. Which is "better" is purely subjectve.

Just ~€h;££;n~ /

Exactly.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account