What is my Carb Misssing?

thomas welsh /

So I just got a Garelli Super Sport XL today off craigslist and the carb is missing some stuff anyone know where I could get whatever replacement parts i need?

Carb.jpg

Re: What is my Carb Misssing?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot /

maybe just the airbox and filter? are you missing a clutch cable too?

Check out the wiki, theres a garelli section, which includes manuals. Those are way cool bikes.

http://projectmopedmanual.info/Manual_HTML/garelli.html

I have like, 8000000 Garelli parts manuals at home too, and I'm pretty sure at least one includes the SSXL. If what's already online doesn't help enough and you want them scanned, let me know (and then pester me about it incessantly, or else it won't get done.)

thomas welsh /

Yeah i need to get a clutch cable too i thought that was gonna be the only thing i needed. Im gonna go threw the manuels i just cant wait to get it working.

Michael Thomas /

From the pic, looks like the mesh screen and airbox, still should run without them. Looks like a 14.12 which are plentiful and cheap.

thomas welsh /

I present a shaky soundless video of my Garelli. I am having trouble with this guy and not sure how to clean this or if i need to clean this. Any advice would be great.

Darrell Gabbard /

its a lever choke carb so you just need the air box and filter for stock set up

Never run without and air filter/screen for any reason. sucked a pebble in idling in my garage... bad things happened. and Also i recetly became Deaf or your video has no sound. And since i'm listening to skynyrd i'm guessing that video has no sound.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot /

Well, you don't need sound to see that your bike is a project. That trans is pretty cruddy. The best way to clean anything is to take it apart, clean it up, then re-assemble. The manual is your friend. Everything is pretty simple, and its a great way to learn the intricacies of your bike. It looks like damn near everything on that moped will need some attention. In regards to the spark plug wire, these bikes came with an external coil with a non- removable plug wire. So you may need to change out the coil as well as the boot/wire. A bicycle brake cable can be used as a clutch cable, but it looks like your lever might be missing some bits? Alot of work but its all easy and relatively cheap and it'll be worth it in the end.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account