garelli vip wheel bearings

i have a 78 garelli vip 2spd and i need to replace the rear wheel bearings, but i cant get the old ones out at all. i havent found any info on how to remove them,other that knock them out from the back side with a punch,and that does not work. any help would be appreciated

Re: garelli vip wheel bearings

take the axle out and the bearings will all fall out. Make sure you find them all then clean out the cups and the bearings. next grease the bearings and the cups and re-install them. you'll want a cone wrench so you can lock the jam-nut against the bearing cones with the proper tension. search, i'm sure there are good posts with pics and shit

eric grimme /

no,these arent just the balls like the front has,these are actual bearings

Know this is an olddd post but did you find out what bearings they take? I have the same set up. Thanks :)

check myron's mopeds. they have the info on their pages.

What model vip do you have. A grand sport is going to have the same wheels as the noi bikes. But some of the other models may have different wheels. Are your wheels spokes or mags? That makes the difference too. If you have spokes, these are the sealed bearings you can convert them over to...

https://www.vxb.com/F6201-2RS-Flange-Sealed-Miniature-Bearing-12x32x10-p/f6201-2rs.htm

Just need to make spacers for inside the hub and you are golden.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account