honda hobbit fuel leak

Hey guys,

So i recently acquired my first moped, 78 honda hobbit. I had no issues for the first about 50 miles or so, then I started noticing a small oil/gas stain under my ped after riding. followed it to the carb, and it appears as if directly where the fuel lines enter the carb, the piece doesn't want to stay put. after riding about half a mile, i find reduced performance, due to the lack of fuel flow, and I have to pull over and wiggle the fuel line piece back in. The seal from the fuel line to the connector piece is tight, trust me. but the metal connecter does not want to stay in the carb if that makes sense. What should i do, is there some sort of trick i'm missing or a bolt I didn't tighten? Thanks! (edited)

Re: honda hobbit fuel leak

Andrew Kotcher /

so you are saying the brass tube is popping out of the carb?, some jb weld may help keep it in if it is loose ( tube could be steel too)

I always just tap it back in there and it stays put.

yes, the brass tube is popping out. I will try and see what i find out...

don't use JB weld on the brass part, just tap it in like Kevin said. I have had one that wouldn't stay in after tapping it in a few times so i hit against the side of the brass piece with a file a few times to raise up some edges to grab on to, light center punches would work too.

Yeah, deform it a wittle bit, then tap in in.

thanks guys... deforming it a little worked perfect. back in business!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account