new kit and pipe, pipe seems whored out

i put the exhaust gasket in and tightened it down, a few days later its doing this shit do i just need a new exhaust gasket? (edited)

Re: new kit and pipe, pipe seems whored out

You need a new gasket - better yet why not make a gasket for the SIM. You can 'weave' a nice fatty from some household electrical cord. Strip the insulation off a cord and weave it into a donut and pop it into the cylinder. Tight the big nut firmly and take her for a nice ride to get the cylinder heat soaked. While she is goodly hot snug up the nut again and she should be good for long time.

you win again rebel, could this exhaust leak be the reason i was seeing mid throttle power loss today?

my sim did that too. I used a stock gasket (copper wrapped fiber), and it kept loosening, and I kept tightening until finally the gasket pinched through. So I found that 1" copper pipe is the right dia. Just cut a peice as long as you need so the nut doesn't bottom out when you tighten up, about 5/32". Use a good wheel cutter to get it straight. Tighten again after heat soaking.

thank you thats another great idea, did you note any power loss with that exhaust leak going on? it happened on the way home and im really hoping thats my only problem with the new kit

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account